Before going on the orangutan trip, I’m questioning myself, “Hmm.. what to bring and what to wear in Tanjung Puting National Park, Borneo?” What should I pack?
To ease your life, I’m gonna help you! Here are my tips to help you pack your stuff:
- Wear light clothes. Cotton is the best, because it absorbs your sweat. Tanjung Puting National Park can be hot and humid. Plus you’ll be trekking, so for sure it’ll be a sweaty trip. A comfortable t-shirts and long pants will come handy. Some people wear short pants, but I don’t have the gut, because I’m a bit worry of the mosquitos. I love the “aladdin” type of long pants. It’s very comfy to wear and it’s super light.
- Comfortable shoes or sandals for trekking. Please consider whether your visit will fall on the rainy season or dry season. If it’s during the rainy season, the trek will be slippery, so you should bring a pair of shoes that are suitable.
- A hat to cover your head.
- Sunblock lotion.
- Mosquito repellent. Always put it on. Anytime. Anywhere. The mosquitos can be very annoying.
- Bring a small bag for trekking – to put your mineral water, mosquito repellent, camera, mobile phone, etc. A waterproof bag or dry bag will come handy.
- Just in case, bring a raincoat with you.