What is AWE Conference 2013?
for Asian women in a male-dominated society. We are restricted by culture,
religion, and social convention. Many ambitious women have gone abroad, where it’s
easier to follow their passions on an unconventional path. The world is
changing, and Asia is slowly participating in the movement.
create that all-important push towards action. Through the AWE Conference, Juno wants to not only spark
inspiration from successful cases of Asian female trailblazers, but also to
initiate action by offering practical information. Support systems for Asian
women who want to step aside from conventional paths do not always exist.
Freelancers, world travelers, non-profit/NGO starters, and creatives have to
struggle with the lack of support. Furthermore, women from underprivileged
backgrounds are not encouraged often enough to be involved in society’s
Against all these odds, there are women who have
followed their passion, and have achieved enormous success. And some of the most inspiring Asian women will speak this weekend at the conference! They will share share their story of struggle and success with participants, providing
real-world guidance and inspiration. They will also answer questions and offer
practical information to participants so they can begin creating their own
unconventional success stories.
- Sangduen “Lek” Chailert, founder of Save Elephant Foundation
- Ligwina Hananto, CEO & co-founder of QM Financial
- Anis Ibrahim, freelance writer
- Jeannie Mark, travel blogger
- Nila Tanzil, founder of Taman Bacaan Pelangi [Rainbow Reading Gardens]
- Yafieda Jamil, travel blogger
- Liyana Jamil, travel blogger
- Lois Yasay, inspirational speaker & travel blogger
- Amalla Vesta, independent travel consultant & freelance travel writer
- Noel Lau, modern nomad
- Melissa Leong, travel writer & business owner
- Dina Zaman, writer
- Hannah Pearson, Marketing & Community Manager
- Jenny Singleton, ESL teacher
Bios of the speakers can be read here.
- Female Solo Travel
- Kick off Freelancing Career
- Stylish Travel
- Writing Workshop
- Initiate a Social Movement
- Effective Social Media Campaigns
- Share Your Stories: We Are Listening
- Preparing Independent Travel
Interesting topics, right?
I will be speaking in the session on “Initiate a Social Movement” :).